CSR Permit

More
20 Apr 2019 18:43 #21 by travisg
travisg replied the topic: CSR Permit
ive run both 19.5s and a canter with dual 7.50r16s. I actually thought the canter had more traction on sand dunes, but thats a personal feeling not scientific proof. its super easy to let tyres down and takes very little effort. the main thing on the canning is whenever you stop have a feel of the side walls and make sure they aren't getting too hot form flexing too much or the Psi is too low. I personally don't like saying x psi is THE right thing as there are many factors like load, speed, sand temp, sand moisture content, wombat holes and more. the thing that told me it was right was the ability to not have the foot flat to the floor and be travelling up without kicking up any sand. when you get the real sweet spot you'll drive u easy and even have the ability to accelerate up the dune above the normal speed, thats when you know you have it right

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2019 13:24 #22 by Ewart and Vivian Halford
Ewart and Vivian Halford replied the topic: CSR Permit
Holmz, I did the csr on 255-100 with no problem once I got my gearing and pressure set, it took a couple of days and had to go a bit lower for on dune.

Ewart oka 365
The following user(s) said Thank You: Holmz

More
22 Apr 2019 20:19 #23 by Holmz
Holmz replied the topic: CSR Permit

Ewart and Vivian Halford wrote: Holmz, I did the csr on 255-100 with no problem once I got my gearing and pressure set, it took a couple of days and had to go a bit lower for on dune.

PSI?

More
23 Apr 2019 19:02 #24 by Ewart and Vivian Halford
Ewart and Vivian Halford replied the topic: CSR Permit
Well Holmz that depends on your weight, power to wheels, and how fast you want your top speed to be.
Once I was happy with the hot tyre pressure I left it alone, it is just a matter of playing around till you get it right.
Did I give you the tyre pressure setting from Michellin?

Ewart oka 365

More
24 Apr 2019 16:47 #25 by Holmz
Holmz replied the topic: CSR Permit

Ewart and Vivian Halford wrote: Well Holmz that depends on your weight, power to wheels, and how fast you want your top speed to be.
Once I was happy with the hot tyre pressure I left it alone, it is just a matter of playing around till you get it right.
Did I give you the tyre pressure setting from Michellin?

Yeah... I need to hit the scales and sus it out.

More
28 May 2019 20:59 #26 by Joseph Baz
Joseph Baz replied the topic: CSR Permit
Haven't been to the site for a while but sometime back i Have obtained a couple of legal opinions from people high up in the legal department of the crown law department and basically is, Farmers have a pastoral lease, they can not stop other people exploring other avenues...minerals,oil,water etc etc as long as it does not disturb or financially affects their pastoral lease,the thing is do you want to be arguing with a rifle yielding lunatic in the middle of no where?,you will have to accept his terms and report him upon your return,by the way there is no fines that can be imposed on him just a clarification warning letter,so the short of it is???....what do you do?, maybe just don't get in an argument and record any encounter (just to discourage attitude)...hard to tell,please don't take this comment as advice it is just a view.
Cheers,Joe

More
14 Oct 2019 11:30 #27 by packhorse
packhorse replied the topic: CSR Permit
#67 completed the CSR (or CRC for it's loosening abilities) without drama. Running 305 x 19.5 tyres and pressure at 28psi I was able to cross every dune with ease (as I travelled alone there are no witnesses to my claim) The rear airbags had to remain firm to cope with sideways rock n roll caused by earlier traffic that love to bog right down before another attempt. Lower pressures would have been better for corrugations but I just went slower instead (15 kph).
Before leaving, Mort installed his upgraded turbo onto my otherwise stock standard Perkins, being able to give her that little extra shot on top of the dunes was awesome and that turbo sound was boyish too. (I'm now chasing his upgrade for the air filter)
I replaced all the wheel bearings and seals not long ago (cheers to Old Dave Gray) but managed to somehow score a hub and do in the seal on the rear (this from driving 400 k on bitumen, not the dirt) as I was coming into Halls Creek. With little chance of a replacement in short time it looked like an extended holiday in town till 6 Oka's rocked in and everyone seemed to carry and offer up some spares, Harry in #45 gave me the high dollar double lipped seal which worked good on the old scored hub (thanks again Harry, I hope you received your replacement) I had no intentions of working on that hub while up on the bottle jack, so dropped into Bailey's Auto's on Barry St in Halls Creek, I have no hesitation in recommending them and doubt I would have got the same service or price anywhere in the city.
Later on in my travels I managed to break the clutch cable while out in the bush looking for the elusive yellow. By standing on a hill and a rock I was able to get a call through to Dean at Oka Spares in Perth who had another cable overnight into Geraldton, in time for a bloke who was coming out to where I was anyway.
Looking back on this long winded yarn, it reads like a commercial but to me it is gratitude for the people I have met so far that are in the Oka world. Thankyou.
Mick
The following user(s) said Thank You: mort, 210greg, FC101

More
22 Oct 2019 12:24 #28 by Harry
Harry replied the topic: CSR Permit
Yes thank you Mick I received the seal in the mail glad I could lend you a hand but that is what oka owners do hay
My motto is no oka owners are strangers
Only friends that we have not met
Cheers

Oka 045 the WIDE Motorhome 6bt cummins 500 watt solar diesel heating gas cooking up grade LSD front and rear diffs to 4:56 from 4:88 . 320 lt fuel 153 lt fresh water in 3 separate tanks 3 house batteries 1 start battery 176 lt upright fridge/freezer Black dog security