Food dehydrator

More
26 Feb 2020 18:40 #1 by packhorse
packhorse created the topic: Food dehydrator
Trying to find a decent food dehydrator that will do eggs and stuff. My knowledge to date is that a glut of sliced oranges didn't work in the oven. Cheers, Mick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2020 10:01 #2 by Lang
Lang replied the topic: Food dehydrator
Mick

Recently went through the process.

There are many dehydrators out there from about $120 up to $1,000

We got a Sunbeam which was about $170 which is pretty basic but does great jerky and dried tomatoes. If you read the reviews it is praised across the board for operation but loses stars because of its breakable plastic shelves.

Lang

More
27 Feb 2020 17:20 #3 by packhorse
packhorse replied the topic: Food dehydrator
Cheers Lang, if it has the tray configuration to dry eggs then I'll aim that way. Got a caravan & camping show coming to town soon so,,,,,
Mick

More
27 Feb 2020 17:30 #4 by Lang
Lang replied the topic: Food dehydrator
Mick

Never tried eggs. Harvey Norman, Good Guys etc have a range of them. I am no expert and it might be worth comparing both in store and on-line reviews.

Lang

More
28 Feb 2020 10:50 #5 by mort
mort replied the topic: Food dehydrator
Hi mick,
We had experienced a number of brands and types through friends and wasnt too impressed with them but when Hilda wanted one, she did her own research and chose the Sunbeam DT6000 it is the best they make and around $250.
We have used for mainly fruit and veg with no complaints. It has a good directions booklet and temp and time control which is important as all items need different settings depending on the moisture content and flesh.
The other item is a good vacuum sealer again we went through 2 brands before getting again a Sunbeam about $150 and never lost any food yet through poor evacuation or sealing.
Martyn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Holmz

More
02 Mar 2020 05:42 #6 by packhorse
packhorse replied the topic: Food dehydrator
Hey Martyn, appreciate that. I went through the reviews and found them quite misleading hence the need for real life experiences.
Cheers
Mick
( Still loving ur turbo)