Waste gate turbo for Standard Perkins 4cyl

More
31 May 2020 16:12 #1 by Carl B
Carl B created the topic: Waste gate turbo for Standard Perkins 4cyl
I have been reading all I can on here about turbo options for the standard Perkins and spoken with Martin a couple of times about his turbo. Whilst I'd like a new one it seems Martins next order might be some time give the situation with china/covid19, freight etc. I'm also toying with getting a Garrett WG one for a 135ti and adapting if required etc. I did however have the thought that some of you may have a waste gate turbo sitting in your shed for the standard Perkins 110t that you'd like to part with? Maybe you've put a larger engine in and have either Martins turbo or another type you fitted to the old Perkins some time ago? Just seeing what's about while I have time to fit. Any advise/experience/thoughts are most welcome from those of you that have fitted alternative turbos to the standard Perkins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2020 20:35 #2 by Peter_n_Margaret
Peter_n_Margaret replied the topic: Waste gate turbo for Standard Perkins 4cyl
#196 uses a Garret T2554 wastegated turbo.
Cheers,
Peter

Cheers, Peter.
OKA196 tinyurl.com/OKA196xtMotorhome
Mob.0428171214

More
03 Jun 2020 16:33 #3 by Carl B
Carl B replied the topic: Waste gate turbo for Standard Perkins 4cyl
Hi Peter, Thanks for your post. I've just bought one of Martins "swift" turbos. Was a new one not being used/kept as a spare so got lucky there. Should be here to fit over the weekend. Looking forward to seeing what sort of difference it makes.

More
04 Jun 2020 04:36 #4 by 210greg
210greg replied the topic: Waste gate turbo for Standard Perkins 4cyl
210 went from 55hp to 94hp 366 ended up 104 hp very different truck

More
18 Jul 2020 11:40 #5 by Carl B
Carl B replied the topic: Waste gate turbo for Standard Perkins 4cyl
The turbo has really improved the pickup. Very impressed. Still a little tuning to play with but all in all, a great upgrade and feel it breaths more life into the Perkins improving drivability significantly. A much more responsive feel due to the torque the Perkins offers being available without lag. Very happy! Thanks to Martin for making available this very nice turbo for the OKA.