Clutch

More
21 Dec 2018 13:47 - 21 Dec 2018 13:49 #1 by Holmz
Holmz created the topic: Clutch
Exedy have a FMK-6489 kit, as well as an OKK-7404 kit.
Then are the 4-button clutches, I heard somewhere the button jobs chatter??

And "Australia Clutch Parts" have an organic kit as well.
Prices vary from 781 to 880 (+GST and freight).

Apparently they are 10-spline by 38.25 OD.

Also considering the NP205 chin scratch, as if I dig into either the Xfer case or clutch, then it seems like time to do the other as well.
(I saw the 29-spline thread, and use of low range to oil the bearings and rollers.)

Is there a 29 spline shaft out of the spicer?
Does anything need to be done on the spicer side, or is it just a coupler, NP295 input shaft and then machine the housing for some new model number bearing and a seal...

I probably need bearing and seal number as if the case needs boring, then I likely want the bearing in hand.
Last Edit: 21 Dec 2018 13:49 by Holmz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Dec 2018 14:04 #2 by Alister McBride
Alister McBride replied the topic: Clutch
Hi Holmz, i got my Exedy clutch from Paul K, he has the best option, he's been doing it for years, give him a call.

I may be missing something with the t-case... but i don't really understand what you are trying to do, can you explain? fyi - the original oka's came out with a 23 spline input shaft into the NP205 and were upgraded to 27 spline input (which uses the same input bearing, no boring needed!). The 27 spline is big enough for the cummins so no need to upgrade the input shaft to 29 spline (requiring you to bore the case for the bigger bearing).

cheers, alister

More
21 Dec 2018 16:26 #3 by Holmz
Holmz replied the topic: Clutch

Alister McBride wrote: Hi Holmz, i got my Exedy clutch from Paul K, he has the best option, he's been doing it for years, give him a call.

I may be missing something with the t-case... but i don't really understand what you are trying to do, can you explain? fyi - the original oka's came out with a 23 spline input shaft into the NP205 and were upgraded to 27 spline input (which uses the same input bearing, no boring needed!). The 27 spline is big enough for the cummins so no need to upgrade the input shaft to 29 spline (requiring you to bore the case for the bigger bearing).

cheers, alister

Ok I sent Paul an email, Ta!

Well I am thinking of either:
1) carrying someone's old 23 spline in case mine dies whilst far afield.
2) upgrading the shaft as I would need to pull the Xfer case off while digging my way to the clutch.
3) maybe just chucking in a 6BT or Duramax with an Alison and then the whole thing sorts itself out with respect to the clutch, but I still may need a NP205 mod to get the bits all turning the wheels...

I suppose if someone has an old 23 spline shaft, then maybe that is the insurance plan?
Whilst I stroke the beard like Santa checking his list...

More
21 Dec 2018 17:29 #4 by Ralley
Ralley replied the topic: Clutch
I have a clutch that has only done less than 30000km if you’re interested. I may also have a 23 spine input shaft.
Rob

More
21 Dec 2018 18:21 #5 by Ralley
I have a clutch that has only done less than 30000km if you’re interested. I may also have a 23 spine input shaft.
Rob

More
21 Dec 2018 19:38 #6 by Alister McBride
Alister McBride replied the topic: Clutch
I'll also have a clutch available soon which has done around 50,000km's, so Ralley's trumps mine (plus his is available now! ;) ) A t-case input shaft isn't something i'd like to be changing in the bush... i'd upgrade. If you're going allison, look up what shaft you need to mount the 205 direct, my memory is getting fuzzy there. You will need to bore the case in that case though...

More
22 Dec 2018 04:44 #7 by Ralley
You will need a 29 spline and you will need to machine the housing. You will also need to mount a speed sensor for the output of Alison.
Rob